Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm Sorry for Being Impatient


As I go along with the memory idea, I can remember cooking the first time for my parents. I would like to apologize for over seasoning the first meal my mother had to taste of my cooking. I was worried that she would not want to taste anything else after that meal.

What I can Remember

 I believe it was baked chicken and green beans. As you can remember from the previous post that I recently took up cooking, so when I had this opportunity it was going to be interesting. My mother's main issue with me cooking was I always found a reason to leave the kitchen, weather it was for TV, cell phone, or company. So my goal was to not burn anything.

I can recall, on this afternoon I had everything planned, I wanted to have the meal ready before my parents got home from work. This would be helpful to me because she wouldn't be standing over me with questions, just how I like it. I made sure I stayed close by during the time the food was being cooked. Once again, I could not get the words out of my head, "To cook, you don't leave the kitchen...you have to be patient". In like fashion, I tried to be as patient as possible. However, I honestly think I got tired of seasoning; as a result I rushed through the process and put the food in the oven.

Please Let It Go

I would like to express great remorse for the salty and spicy baked chicken. I’m sorry for not being able to adjust to the larger portion of food needed to be cooked at home with way more people than I am use to cooking for. I apologize for trying to make sure your chicken did not taste as if it were taken right out of the freezer and put right in the oven. For this purpose, I honestly felt you deserved quality flavor and a little spice. With that being said, I must of tried just a little too hard. I hope you can one day give me a chance to cook chicken for you without you commenting to me about this small mistake. Please mother, I am sorry and I hope you will please try and not walk behind me as I cook, while checking the food I cook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment